Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #6

May 13: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't

  1. Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I honestly just didn't like this book much. The beginning was good, but the rest wasn't. I mostly pushed through to get the insight into another side of the Lux Series, but overall I didn't enjoy the read as much as I hoped and will not be reading this again. I'm not disappointed I read it though, I just didn't care for the story.
  2. Rapture by Lauren Kate - Technically I did put this book down. I put it down for over a year. I didn't completely turn away though, as I eventually finished the book and actually did enjoy some parts of it.
  3. Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews - I also technically put this book down too. I attempted to read it years ago because my mom loved it as a teen but I wasn't into it. Years later, my mom wanted to watch the new movie of it with me, and we watched it, and I figured I would give the book another go. I enjoyed it enough, though I doubt I'll ever reread it. I think mostly it's just slow in my opinion, and back when I first tried reading it I wasn't into reading like I am now, so it couldn't hold my attention long enough.
  4. The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp - This book was okay, but I just felt that the characters lacked the growth that should have been there. I did read to the end, but I wasn't satisfied with the ending at all.
  5. Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate - This book just didn't hold my interest well. I read it, and overall I'm glad I did, but I can't tell you I remember much of it. 
  6. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous - I actually almost DNF this book the second time I read it, because the first time I was rather young and impressionable, and the second I was much older and wiser. The truth of the matter is - this book is so unrealistically overdone that it was painful to read.
  7. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto - This book just didn't seem to pull me in. I felt very disconnected from the characters and lacked the caring attitude I wanted to feel towards them. I'm glad I finished the book, but the writing style was just not for me.
  8. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I know, a surprise, right? It wasn't that I didn't enjoy this book it was just that I wasn't really that into reading at the time I was reading it. It honestly took me forever to read this book and there were several times I thought I might just stop reading it, but I successfully finished it the day I was going to see the movie, and I'm really thankful that I did. Since then, I've reread this book, and I really do enjoy the story.
  9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Nowadays, it's almost easier to look up books on sparknotes for school rather than read the actual book, and this is something I almost did. I wasn't into this story much at the beginning, and I always hate being forced to read books over the summer for school, but I ended up binge reading this book in a day two days before I had a test on it. I actually really enjoyed the book for one I had to read for school, and I'm proud to own a copy of it. 
  10. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson - I didn't like this book at all. I had to read it for school, and that's literally the only reason I read it. I don't regret reading it necessarily, though if I knew that my teacher was giving everyone a hundred on our project on it because he didn't care for summer work, I would have skimmed it more so than actually read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment