Saturday, April 19, 2014

Update and Apologies

Hello everyone! First I want to apologize for being gone for so long. That's why this is an update of sorts, to explain everything.

School for me has really been picking up as it's the end of my senior year and there's a bunch that still needs to get done. Along with that, there's a ton of things that came up for the college I'm attending in the fall, and that has been taking up a lot of my time as well.

Along with all of this, I've come to see that I was also putting a lot of pressure on myself to work on this blog, and it made it so I pretty much just quit. I still really really want to do this blog, but I don't think I should set high expectations on myself right off the bat. I think I should start out slower and not set restrictions and specifics for myself and just enjoy the blogging and reading experience. In fact, I was stressing myself over it so much that I ended up not reading much of anything the past few weeks. 

So basically, what I'm saying here is that I plan on still posting, just not every day. I'll post reviews as I finish books until I feel confident enough to start a review queue. That's when I hope the blog will really take off, because then if I get set back because of something it won't be a huge impact. For now though, I'll try to post reviews, as I said, and I'll try to keep up my Sunday updates. I plan on posting for Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday as well, but I can't promise posts on that for now. I also hope to post some other things as time goes on, but I don't have specifics for them at the moment. Really though, I need to get back into reading, as I have a ton to read and am excited to do so, but I want to read for enjoyment, not rush through so I can get a review up on my blog. 

So that's really all there is to it. I don't know how frequent the reviews will be, but they're coming. Hopefully people will still check out my blog and I can continue being a part of the book blog community!!

No comments:

Post a Comment