Thursday, March 27, 2014

Booking Through Thursday #1


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme that asks about books and reading.

Why do YOU read fiction?

I read fiction because it's interesting and draws me in. I love getting to experience the life of someone through their eyes, even if the person happens to be made up. The stories can inspire me to do certain things, be more conscious of others, and overall just be a better person. I love getting to escape from myself for a while and explore new wonders. When reading books, its not like I'm just living my life. I'm living a thousand lives through the eyes of the main character of each book, living through circumstances I'll never get the chance to in my own life. 

Honestly words aren't proficient enough to describe the many reasons I read fiction, but they'll always do their best to try :)

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you. With reading fiction your life can never get boring and dull because you get to explore new places, travel the world and meet amazing people. Maybe not in the real way, but the fictional, an sometimes when you need a break from real life, that's enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, escape and learning about other lives...great reasons to read! Here's my BTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Reading fiction takes me to places and experiences that I could never visit on my own. Life can never be boring if you read fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I read to escape and visit all kinds of worlds. I am an escapist so I don't go for the heavy issue books, but I do love a good dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true - I feel like I experienced so many different things.

    ReplyDelete