Friday, March 7, 2014

Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate (mini-review)

Originally written on February 25, 2014

Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate
Hardcover, 448 pages
Published by Delacorte Press on June 12, 2012
Rating: 4 Stars

Summary (Goodreads): The sky is dark with wings....

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this — live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies...and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her — and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

Rapture is the astonishing conclusion to the Fallen series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

My Thoughts: 
It took me ages to get through this book. I was left unsatisfied with the previous one and didn't know if I would ever get through this one, especially after I stopped reading it for a while. I pushed though, even if it took me forever to get back to it, and I'm glad I did. The overall story was always very good, just not always engaging enough for me. The first half I would have to say was the slowest, and is why I took so long to read it. I was certain at that time I couldn't give the book a rating higher than a 3. After reaching the halfway point, however, I was brought back to the love I had for this series in the beginning, and had trouble putting it down again. The ending was very satisfying, and it left me understanding and even appreciating the third book, even though I wasn't able to at the time I read it. The ending of this story really deserves a 5, but as I wasn't as into the first half, I've settled on a rating of 4. For those who lost faith in the series with the third book, if you're able to push through the first half of this book, the ending is definitely worth finishing out the series. If you weren't crazy about any of the series though, then there probably won't be anything new here to change your mind. 


★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment